The participants of the workshop came from the relevant authorities of the EPPA beneficiaries. They represented the relevant Ministries (Environment) and other institutions with air quality management responsibilities (Environment Agencies, Hydrometeorological Institutes). The speakers represented a wide range of EU Member States’ experience. There were experts from Austria (Umweltbundesamt – an EPPA implementing consortium member), Bulgaria, Croatia and Denmark.
The workshop’s main outputs were:
- Review of the existing situation regarding the state of inventories under LRTAP (monitoring, data, reporting) in EPPA beneficiaries
- Review of the state of alignment with the NEC Directive in EPPA beneficiaries
- Enhanced understanding of the challenges and tasks connected with the implementation of the NECD and response to obligations under LRTAP
- Enhanced exchange of experiences and knowledge between the beneficiaries and EU Member states in air quality management, especially NECD topics (national air pollution control programmes, emission inventories and projections, monitoring of air pollution impacts)
- Identified key challenges for the implementation of the NEC Directive in EPPA beneficiaries