The workshop served as a platform for sharing experience of the EU member states experts from Austria, Finland, France and the Netherlands as well as the representatives of the World Health Organization (WHO), European Commission – DG Environment and Joint Research Centre (JRC) with the EPPA beneficiaries. Among the core topics of the workshop there were:
- AAQD fitness check and the EU Green Deal by the European Commission,
- Forum for Air Quality Modelling (FAIRMODE) and JRC activities on air quality and source apportionment in the South-East Europe,
- WHO developments on guidelines level and health impact assessment,
- Air quality modelling and source apportionment presented by Finnish Meteorological Institute representative,
- Air quality modelling application to support air quality assessment by Austrian Central Institute for Meteorology and Geodynamic representative,
- Citizens involvement in air quality monitoring by Norwegian Institute for Air Research representative,
- Health impact from air pollution at European, national and urban scale, by former representative of the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment,
- Good practices on air quality communication by Austrian Environmental Agency representative,
- Air quality plans and measures by Austrian Environmental Agency representative,
- Updates from beneficiaries on the status of implementation of AAQD and progress achieved since the last workshop in September 2019.
The workshop was accompanied by discussions among participants and exchange of experience and good practices. Special emphasis was put on communication, citizens science on air quality and health impact assessment to support efficient and effective implementation of the directive.