The workshop has presented the results from the study on ecological connectivity and green infrastructure (GI) deployment in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia, performed in the framework of EPPA Project. It has been opportunity for discussion on the following topics:
- The new EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030,
- EU funding opportunities for nature conservation actions (2021-2027 programme),
- Transnational terrestrial habitats biodiversity (within the framework of EUSAIR activities),
- Populations of large carnivores in South-Eastern Europe,
- Case studies of Slovenia (assessment of ecological connectivity and identification of the GI elements), Bulgaria (mapping, assessment and evaluation of the ecosystem services), the Netherlands (grey vs. green infrastructure- challenges and best practices), Austria (mitigation measures of habitat fragmentation),
- Ecological networks (planning, challenges and needs) in EPPA beneficiaries’, namely in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia,
Among distinguished speakers sharing experience there were representatives of EC DG Environment, DG NEAR, DG REGIO, EUSAIR, EU Member States representatives from Austria, Bulgaria, The Netherlands, Romania and Slovenia as well as EPPA Senior Experts who enriched discussions and exchanged ideas with EPPA Beneficiaries and other stakeholders.