The participants have discussed, exchanged views and experience on:
- recent developments within the EU concerning shipping emissions in the context of the Zero Pollution Action Plan, the Green Deal, fit for 55 package (FuelEU Maritime – green European maritime space),
- the revision of the European air quality legislation,
- updates on the designation of the Mediterranean Sea a san Emission Control Area for Sulphur Oxides (MED Sox ECA),
- examples of measures to reduce air emissions in ports,
- remote sulphur and NOx compliance monitoring in ports,
- case studies of the Sulphur Directive implementation from Austria and Hungary.
The speakers were representatives of the EU Member states as well as the Energy Community Secretariat, the European Maritime Safety Agency (EMSA) and the Regional Marine Pollution Emergency Response Centre for the Mediterranean Sea (REMPEC).