The event was the 3rd one on the subject, building on results of the previous workshops from November 2019 and June 2020. The EU Member States experts from Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ireland, Slovakia and Spain discussed and shared experience with the EPPA Beneficiaries in terms of:
- cement sector (BREF document, IED/BAT implementation, technical guidelines on secondary raw materials in cement production),
- cement industry within circular economy (co-processing and air quality measurement, waste co-incineration plants),
- enforcement and inspection controls of the waste co-incineration in cement factories (necessity of cooperation between inspectorate and permit writer),
- waste incineration and waste co-incineration in cement factories,
- sampling plans for waste and solid recovered fuels.
The EPPA Beneficiaries reflected on the gaps and challenges they face with implementation of the IED as well as future activities to be undertaken. The workshop hosted representatives of business sector with Lafarge Holcim (Croatia) sharing their experience within circular economy through responsible co-processing and air quality measurement, emphasizing importance of measurement and indicating energy and material waste recovery in cement production.