The workshop was an opportunity for exchanging experience between EPPA beneficiaries and the EC representatives, the EU Member States experts from Croatia, Greece, Romania, Slovenia and promotion of best practices in the following fields:
- Marine Litter Thematic Assessment Report,
- Integrated Waste Management System in marine litter context,
- Extended Producer Responsibility according to Single Use Plastic Directive,
- The EU Member State cases/studies of tackling marine litter (Croatia, Greece, Romania, Slovenia),
- Actions and regional cooperation involving see-based and land-locked EPPA beneficiaries,
- AQUA-LIT Project,
- Adriatic Karst and its value,
- Recommendation for future actions and regional cooperation.
The workshop subject has been placed in wider context of achieving circular economy in synergy with the process of reaching the objectives of Single Use Plastic Strategy, Marine Strategy Framework Directive, Water Framework Directive and the 2020 international goals of the Barcelona Convention for Biological Diversity.